Magento Upgrade Service
We update your store from Magento 184.108.40.206 to Magento 2 and we also help you choose the best option for your store before we start our Magento upgrade service.
Why upgrade your Magento?
The first community Edition Magento version -v1 was introduced in 2008 and the first Enterprise Edition version -v1.6 in 2009. Subsequently, they keeps releasing new versions, updates, patches and Repair tools on a regular basis. The recent version of Magento in 2015 is Magento 2.0.
Magento Community 220.127.116.11 and Magento Enterprise 18.104.22.168 were the last in 1.x series. They were released just before Magento 2.0.
Despite the launch of Magento2, a large number of stores are still using old community versions like 1.7 and 1.8.
There are numerous reasons to upgrade Magento version regularly and they are:
- The new version has many new features and no glitches.
- The old version lacks appropriate security cover. Hackers can take advantage of this loophole which may cause financial loss as well as credit card theft. As a counter measure to this, stores have to install security patches. However, with the new magento version these problems don’t arise.
- Most developers use Magento Extension and Themes in the recent version of Magento. The older version may cause problem during extension updates.
- Magento version 2.0 is more user friendly great themes in front-end and UI at backend.
How to upgrade Magento Version
A few steps are required to upgrade Magento from an older versions i.e. 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 to the latest version of Magento and Magento 2.0 and they are as follows:
- Download and setup the latest version into your server.
- Merge Community, Local, Media, Theme, Custom folders from Skin, custom XML files from modules, any custom admin theme folder, custom. js files and folders from old Magento to new Magento.
- Edit database details in local XML files.
- Rebuild the theme for Magento 2.0.
- Transfer the products, customers and order data from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.0 with our tested and reliable data migration tool.
- Get Magento 2.0 extension from a vendor or rebuild it if necessary.
The above procedures may appear simple, in reality it should be handled by experienced personnel. Our expert professionals help you to upgrade your store from 22.214.171.124 to Magento 2.0. This seamless transition is possible due to our knowledgeable and experienced workforce.
We at Indian Magento Experts Upgrade your old Magento Store to a new one by:
- Creating a backup of your current store
- Developing a test store on your/our server.
- Making a list of major customization and extensions of your store.
- Upgrading your Magento store to a latest version.
- Testing the store for any glitches which occur due to version upgrade.
- Rectifying the issues while upgrading.
- Launching the new upgraded store live