At long last the dream come true. Yes i am talking about Magento 2. Views expressed by Developers that the new system is much more reliable, faster, secure and coupled with very flexible version. Long since the merchants have the desire to have stable version so that they can move their online store to a modern and advanced version of the preferred platform. We provide new service i.e. Upgrade to Magento 2.0 since last year 2015.
Lets have a look to the improvements have been amended in Magento 2.0
Magento 2.0 upgrade /Migration Service
Now you decide to upgrade from version 1.x( Say from 1.7 to 1.9). The endeavour which required to migrate from Mangento 1.x to Magento 2.0 hinges on your structure of the Website and level of customization(i.e. Extension, custom feature, integration and so on and so forth). The time needed to do a job(and cost) depends on the complexity.
Magento 2.0 migration service includes:
- Data migration(setting categories tree, Products, Users, Orders).
- Transfer existing theme to new Website.
- Update or substitute the extensions of the current websites with Magento 2.0 compatible one.
- Quality assurance to make sure we did not miss a thing.
Key Improvements of Magento 2.0
1. Performance Improvements
- Improved Indexers: The pattern of Magento indexers are same in comparison with the previous one. But it has been revised to faster work.
- Varnish: Off beat integration with varnish Cache makes pages to display faster and reduces server load by caching common requests.
- Full Page caching: Static pages content is cached and thereby showing marked improvements in performance and reduces the server load. This move is significantly save your funds by reducing the need for additional servers.
- Multiple Admin Users: It considerably reduces your data conflicts when admin users create and update product at the same time. The advantage is that more users can work with backend at the same time.
2. Database Improvements for Magento2.0
- The bottleleg is always in the realm of single point failure in Magento. This is the area where users are generally bogged down. The solution is to backup the database to another server off and on. Magento depends on single database i.e. MySql.
- In case of Magento 2.0, you can have standalone database for order management and checkout. The precisely means that if you desire to have the front end of your site’s content, products and categories are meant for one MySql Database and checkout page can use secondary standalone database. This allows you to scale out the site, and have a dedicated resources for the most important site visitors – the people trying to check out on the site and make a purchase.
- Another capability offered by Magento 2.0 for catalog database separation and compatibility with MySql clusters. With new Magento 2.0 you can have up to 25+ users in the system updating products and up to 50+ users in the backend Magento admin processing orders.
3. Improved Magento 2.0 Backend Process
Another important change is made in regard of backend process. Developers have spent considerably time to explore how to make order processing and product processing more comfortable for shop owner and manager.
- Customizable Admin Grid: Frequently requested features was the ability to customize Magento Admin Grid. An example helps to understand the importance of said customization. It will be nice to add more columns to product grid and thus it is easy to sort. It is not new to the earlier version of Magento but the process is tedious due to custom Module(extension) or need to do custom coding. Now it is in-built feature in Magento2.0.
- Grid View In Admin Area: Developers introduced an option where you can create a grid view in the admin area( Say Page Titles, SKU and inventory levels) and you can edit the the information right on the page in the grid.This process will help you to save time. In a nutshell it means that you do not need to open up each product, drill down sub tab and again come back to grid again at the time of save. The flexibility of new feature is like to do in Excel Spreadsheet.
4. Bulk Actions: There is a chink in the Magento in the seance it it was primarily designed to enter product into admin area, one by one ata a time. It is feasible for a Website site that has hundred products. But when the products are very large you need to have bulk actions in order to be functional. Hence the bulk options is the answer.
Lets us find out what we have Magento 2.0 admin area:
- Bulk images for products. Its able to apply unique images by attribute to each SKU. Or apply a single set of images to all SKUs.
- Bulk pricing. You can apply pricing to a single set of products. Or in bulk to all.
- Create product configurations. In Magento 2.0 you can use more of a visual editor. To create attribute values including checkboxes. That make it a lot easier to figure out for the average Magento Admin Users.
5. Customization in Magento2.0 :
- No More “MAGE” : It is eliminated.
- Modular Code and Customization: It reduces the cross-module dependencies, allowing developers to make narrow, targeted changes without impacting other areas of code.
- Improved Search : Magento 2.0 introduced search interface and layered navigation. That helps to customize search functions. It gives some options so that you can enable/disable search, even delete it from the the code, or change it to 3rd party search interface.
6. XML Validation : Magento 2.0 XML validation checks the XML code in line prescribe rule and structure. This makes it easier for developers to configure XML. In this process the IDE(Integrated Development Environment) will alert for correct option and prevent errors. Otherwise it will involve lots of debugging. This allows developers to predict outcomes and ensure that the extensions work appropriately.
7. Multilevel Theme Inheritance: In Magento2.0 themes are easier to inheritance and customize.
8. Responsiveness: The blank theme will be using all the modern technologies mentioned above. Moreover, you don’t have to customize the core template to make the shop responsive.